By Jon Miller | Post Date: December 23, 2006 5:56 PM | Comments: 3
According to a Wall Street Journal article today Toyota Is Poised to Surpass GM As the Top Car Maker Next Year. That would be 9.04 million vehicles, just ahead of General Motors. Congratulations are premature, but it's not too early to start thinking about New Year's resolutions for the worlds biggest car company. Here are five things I would like to see Toyota do in 2007:
1. Remain humble. You've got plenty of practice at this, but we all know it's not easy.
2. As the single largest supplier of carbon-emitting vehicles in the world, take a leading role in promoting lifestyles and technologies to reverse global warming.
3. Keep telling the world how you did it. Not only is it good for our business when the world learns more about the Toyota Production System, I believe it's also good for people.
4. Don't just apologize, tell us what's really up with those millions of recalls.
5. Start talking to Tesla Motors about licensing their technology for mass market versions of their cars. Sure the hybrids are nice, but...
If all you do is make more cars than anybody else, and do it better than anybody else, I will be disappointed. Toyota, you know you are capable of much more than that.Comments are moderated to filter spam and inappropriate content. There may be a delay before your comment is published.