By Jon Miller | Post Date: November 14, 2013 12:49 PM | Comments: 0
The Lean Enterprise Institute in cooperation with Gemba Academy has produced a free online 70-minute video discussion among Lean gurus and thought leaders James Womack, Dan Jones and John Shook. The 11 videos cover a range of themes incuding:
1. Calling it Lean: If they could turn back time, would they still call it "lean"?
2. Learning to See: The discussion about the word "lean" continues, especially their hesitation to introduce new tools such as value stream mapping.
3. Lean Management Behaviors: Early struggles to find the correct balance between management systems and tools, the humanists and the technocrats, and discussion of the fundamental importance of practice.
4. Starting with Purpose: The importance for Lean of being able to state a purpose for an organization, and then creating alignment to support that purpose.
5. Lean Healthcare: Why is Lean being received so well within the healthcare community? What is Lean's potential to radically change the entire industry?
6. Lean Government: Lean seems to thrive and develop in a crisis, therefore government may be ripe for lean thinking!
7. The Great Stagnation: The impact of the recession, which Womack calls "the great stagnation," on lean thinking.
8. Lean Startups: The Lean Startup movement - a real thing or just a passing fad?
9. Lean NGOs: The rapid growth of lean within NGOs (non-government organizations) especially with operations providing aid to Africa, demonstrating the potential of Lean to change people's lives.
10. Lean Shoring: How lean is impacting offshore outsourcing and creating the opportunity for re-shoring (or "lean shoring").
11. Final Thoughts: Where is Lean headed over the next 25 years?
Thanks on behalf of the Lean community for your continuing generosity in sharing your time and insights!